IDE gone unstable with stack menu change

Bill Vlahos bvlahos at mac.com
Mon Oct 16 21:50:59 EDT 2006

Thanks to Jacqueline and Chris. They both gave me clues.

What I did to fix it was simply delete the menu group entirely. When
you do that Rev asks if you want to move everything back up and
delete the objects. I said no and it didn't move anything but it did
delete the menus. I don't know which objects it was talking about as
I can't seem to find any left over.

I then recreated the menu (it wasn't very extensive) with the scripts
I had saved before the deletion.

It did move my header group quite a bit down (the wrong amount) but
this time it didn't seem to mind me moving it back where it belongs.
So far, so good.

I'll try to make a feature request for the Menu Builder to offer not
to move things. I have a feeling that this trips up a number of folks
and it looks like Rev knows how to prevent the problem.

Bill Vlahos