shortcut problems

Henk van der Velden henk at iglow-media.nl
Mon Oct 16 05:47:36 EDT 2006

Good day all,

One of our apps is installed on a school's local network. The sys
admin has created shortcuts to the program on the desktops of all the
computers. Double clicking the shortcut will start the program, but
the program can't find other stacks it should open.

The program consists of a stand alone application, which is actually
a splash screen with options for the user to select. Each option will
open another stack. These other stacks are located in the same folder
as the stand alone application.

We did some testing. It turns out that the program sometimes thinks
the defaultURL is the URL of the desktop where the shortcut is
located (C:/Documents and Settings/carels/Bureaublad) instead of the
folder where the program is located (//Bellefleur/M-schijf/Leerlingen/
de dijk/hardinxveld.exe). How can this be? What can be done about it?

Kind regards,

Henk
Henk v.d. Velden
iGlow Media