Use of abbreviations in scripts

Jim Ault JimAultWins at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 15 18:38:46 EDT 2006

On 10/15/06 2:40 PM, "Dar Scott" <dsc at swcp.com> wrote:

> On Oct 15, 2006, at 2:45 AM, Richmond Mathewson wrote:
>
>> I do (admittedly a bit hypocritically) feel that when
>> discussing coding on the use-list it would be
>> extremely helpful for one and all if abbreviations
>> were not used.
>
> I think you are probably right (I'm still open on this), though I
> wouldn't want one to worry about it when giving a tip.  I'd hate for
> a person to think it was too much bother and not respond.

 >>if abbreviations were not used.
I agree with Dar on this.

Since I usually answer questions while taking a short break from my work
flow, I would not want to have to 'rework' a response so that it became
crystal clear to someone brand new to Rev.  This includes abbreviations,
syntax preferences, style, and variable naming.  There are so many ways to
do things in xTalk.

Most of the effort of a reply would be editing what I use... and I would
decide not to respond.

Jim Ault
Las Vegas