storing binary into a altSQLite DB

Christian Langers christian.langers at education.lu
Sun Oct 15 08:23:57 EDT 2006

Hello,

I'm just learning how to use a DB ; Is there a way to store binary
files into a DB with the altSQLite ?

I read that SQLite 3 accepted such data (BLOB) but I do not manage to
integrate it into the database. I did follow the tutorial for
creating a new DB, a table and adding data.

So at that point I'm stuck :

I would like my script to go as follows :

answer file ""
   put "'"& URL ("binfile:"&it)&"'" into tRowData
   --> CONSTRUCT SQL
   put "INSERT INTO Fotos(FotoID,FotoData)" &" VALUES(null," &
tRowData & ")" into tSQL
   --> EXECUTE SQL
   put revdb_execute(gConID,tSQL) into tTmp

If anyone else had solved this yet, could he/she give me some advice ?

Thanks,

Christian L.

Luxembourg