slightly OT - differencing and version control

Chris Sheffield cmsheffield at gmail.com
Fri Oct 13 12:03:54 EDT 2006

Anybody out there working on a team of developers? If so, how do you
handle file version control with your Rev stack files? I've been
using MagicCarpet (which has worked very well for me; thanks Chipp).
But up until now my company has only had myself and, at most, one
other developer, and MagicCarpet has met our needs. But we're getting
to a point where we need something a little more robust. Something
that will preferably allow multiple concurrent checkouts of files,
and then merge differences as they're checked back in.

Is there something like this that even exists? I realize since Rev
stacks contain binary data it makes things a bit more difficult. Is
there anything out there that can handle binary files this way? If
not, could something like this be created with Rev? If so, how
difficult would it be?

Thanks,
Chris

Chris Sheffield