Stack rename itself

Bill Vlahos bvlahos at mac.com
Fri Oct 13 01:47:23 EDT 2006

I have a stub executable that will open stacks so that the stacks can
save themselves with their data.

I would like to be able to rename the stack file and other pertinent
information so that there could be multiple versions of the stack
personalized to different people.

I think what I want to do is similar to the way Revolution safely
saves changes to a stack. It first renames the stack with a leading
tilde saves a new version of the stack and then deletes the old
version. This creates a safe save and is, more or less, what I want
to do except be able to specify what the name would be.

I would also like to be able to control this because I plan on
selling the stacks. It would be good to be able to manage the
duplication of the stacks but that is probably a different discussion.

Any thoughts on these would be appreciated.

Bill Vlahos