Threads

Viktoras Didziulis viktoras at ekoinf.net
Thu Oct 12 19:25:56 EDT 2006

Why shouldn't it work?

Threads can be produced by cloning an invisible substack (named "thread")
with
a handler and renaming the clones to thread_1, thread_2, etc... If this
makes any sense to
anyone the code is free to explore (Rev studio 2.7):

go stack url "http://www.ekoinf.net/inv/threading.rev"

or compiled for windows
http://www.ekoinf.net/inv/threads.exe

The main stack contains a field which displays status of threads and
indicates when a thread finishes its job. Any number of threads can be
specified. I tried with 100 and it was OK (~100 kb memory footprint). The
task was simple
- parent generates and sends a random number within range 1..10. Process in
a thread takes that number and sends it back to a handler in the parent in
an equivalent number of seconds. The parent displays status of all threads
and cleans up when all threads are finished.

All the best!
Viktoras