RE Is this weird or is it just me?

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Thu Oct 12 09:43:23 EDT 2006

Hi Lars,

> Wow, I didn't expect so many responses and opinions on this small
> matter!  And I do agree (conditionally) with both.
>
> I still find it odd that mouseEnter does nothing but mouseUp does
> in the sense that a clickable opject under the disabled button is
> clicked.  As far as transparency is concerned, i use my own icons,
> so in the disable state it doesn't look partially transparent, so
> it still seems strange. especially in deBug mode when mouseEnter
> doesn't call up the script and mouseUp brings up the script of the
> button behind it.  Since both buttons actually do similar things,
> it took a while for me to even try deBug mode and figure this out.
>
> But i guess what i am really saying is either behavior for a
> disabled button is perfectly acceptable to me  IF I KNOW ABOUT IT.
> Couldn't this have been mentioned in the docs?  I mean for a non-
> programmer like me, when I first find something to use, like
> disable and enable, I look in the dictionary to see exactly how to
> implement it and what behaviour to expect. This reminds me of Dr.
> Strangelove's great line to the Russian ambassador - ze whole point
> of zis doomsday machine is lost - if you keep it a secret!  Vy
> didn't you tell ze Vorld!

:-)

> Cheers,
> Lars "we must not allow a mineshaft gap!" Brehmer
> ps. another quickie - is there any way to do something like "repeat
> for each marked card?"

No, there isn't.

> I kinda doubt it, but I thought I'd ask.  Just looking for
> something quicker than:
>
> get the num of marked cds
> repeat it times
> go next marked cd
> doThis, doThat
> end repeat

But you could write a function or handler that returns a list of the
number of the marked cards
and step through that list. OK, is not the same ;-)

get mlist()
repeat for each item i in it
   doThis of cd 1
   doThat of cd i
  ## not really necessary to GO to the marked cd.
end repeat

function mlist
   put the num of cds into nc
   repeat with i = 1 to nc
     if the mark of cd i then
       put i & "," after mklist
     end if
   end repeat
   delete char -1 of mklist
   return mklist
end mlist

You get the picture .-)

> Also, is there a way to navigate between cards in a stack with a
> preOpenCard handler and ignore preOpenCard?

You mean something like:

lock messages
go card "the one with a preopencard handler"
unlock messages
## messages will be unlocked automatically after the handler is finished

?

Best

Klaus Major
klaus at major-k.de