Is this weird or is it me?

Jim Ault JimAultWins at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 12 02:02:14 EDT 2006

On 10/11/06 8:47 PM, "Ken Ray" <kray at sonsothunder.com> wrote:

> On 10/11/06 10:41 PM, "Mark Wieder" <mwieder at ahsoftware.net> wrote:
>
>> I'm with Trevor (and some other folks, too, I guess). If you disabled
>> a control and it *still* swallowed mouseclicks then that wouldn't
>> exactly be disabled, no?
>
> I guess it depends on how you define "disabled"... I don't define disabled
> as "transparent", but "inert". Meaning that it acts like any other button
> you click that is disabled - nothing happens.

I always thought of disabled as not-responding-to-clicks, like in the early
days of dialog boxes when nothing was transparent.  In the xTalk way of
things, if you still think the way I do, disable only applies to the running
of the script, not the clickable item... thus swallowing the mouse click.

I guess the way to do this is to put a transparent enabled button over the
disabled button if you want to swallow the mouse clicks...
then disable the transparent button and enable the visible button

...or write

if the button overMe is disabled then exit mouseup

Jim Ault
Las Vegas