Comparison of Multimedia Prowess - Director and Revolution

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Tue Oct 10 14:11:11 EDT 2006

On Oct 10, 2006, at 10:28 AM, GregSmith wrote:

> Trevor:
>
> Currently, I don't own either Director or Revolution.  To start
> with, I need
> to quickly put together an "application" that presents and links
> various
> QuickTime movies together in a logical fashion, complete with a
> navigation
> and link system, as well as supplimentary texts - basically a
> branching
> media presentation with navigation.

This should be pretty straightforward in Rev and would be very easy
to prototype.  Do you have a trial version of Rev right now?

First question - When you say that you want to link movies together
do you want a Table of Contents or do you want to present one movie
and then provide a link to another after it finishes playing?

> I also need to implement Kagi's KRM
> module for sales.  They already support the Director platform.

I too am waiting for Kagi support.  I've seen it implemented in other
dev environments and the purchasing process is pretty slick.

> Later, I'd like to get more game-like in the genres of the classic
> "King's
> Quest" adventure style, as well as more action-based 2D games along
> the
> lines of a side-scroller.

I saw that Malte already responded to you about which is good since I
have nothing relevant to add anyway :-)

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Learning Systems - www.bluemangolearning.com