shell vs. process

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Tue Oct 10 04:24:17 EDT 2006

On Oct 9, 2006, at 11:52 PM, Trevor DeVore wrote:

> Any of you network gurus know if ping is possible with Rev right
> now using sockets?

The short answer is no.

Well, sometimes things sneak into Rev when I'm not looking.

Some computers have some service you can use like a ping and some are
ping-like.  I imagine the pinging computer might have a local service
for doing pings.  I don't think those count.

I have blocked ping on some servers, but normally this is and should
be on.

I'd use shell() with the ping utility on OS X and Windows.

Dar