Variable Scoping

Martin Blackman martinblackman at gmail.com
Tue Oct 10 00:44:06 EDT 2006

There is a property the variablenames I think (not in front of Rev at
moment) . You could put the names and their values into a global
variable before calling a function and get at them that way using a
looped do statement in your function. This may add too much overhead
though.

I came up against a similar problem recently. My app allows the user
to write macros which are then 'done' by the rev engine, I have no way
of knowing the user's var names in advance but need to refer to them.
So I avoided use of subroutines for the macro execution code and went
for one long handler.  Of course you don't have that option..