Text Drop Shadows

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 9 13:55:28 EDT 2006

--- David Bovill <david at openpartnership.net> wrote:
> Has anyone figured out how to make nice looking 3D
> text drop shadows? I know
> there is a standard technique for creating a black
> version and pasting it
> behind -- offset a little - but am shaky on the
> details.
>
> Anyone got a stack? The idea is to make it easy for
> a user to overlay a
> title on the photo?

Hi David,

Here's a basic script; just add a field "Foobar" to
your card (make sure it's not opaque), and a button
with the following script:
##
on mouseUp
  clone field "Foobar"
  put it into tFieldRef
  set the textColor of tFieldRef to "gray60"
  set the location of tFieldRef to \
      (item 1 of the location of field "Foobar") + 3,
\
      (item 2 of the location of field "Foobar") + 3
  set the layer of tFieldRef to the layer of field
"Foobar"
end mouseUp
##

Hope this gets you started,