OT: Macbook Random Shutdown

chris bohnert chris at altuit.com
Sun Oct 8 12:56:16 EDT 2006

Andre,

My macbook experienced this same problem after a firmware update.(Random
shutdowns followed by booting to a rainbow screen).  I fussed around with it
in much the same fashion as you describe until I found a site that suggested
zapping the pram several times.

In particular is suggests using the cmd-option-P-R key combination while
booting 3 times.  On the third time let the system boot through to the
desktop.

I did this process twice and haven't had any problems since the 10.4.8update.

--
cb