OT: Macbook Random Shutdown

Andre Garzia soapdog at mac.com
Sun Oct 8 11:48:47 EDT 2006

I call on the wondeful knowledge base of the Apple Experts here! :-)

Starting today, my Macbook is experiencing random shutdown, meaning,
all of a sudden the screen goes black and the power is off. Then it
won't start again, press the power button, it goes up for 1-2 secs
and then it will go down again. After the fourth or fifith try, it
will boot, but no one knows for how long it will stay up.

I checked on the popular sites and it appears that this is a wide
spread issue with no easy fix, people are changing their macbooks
logic board to fix it, others are blanketing the thing with termal
paste... I don't know what to do. Apple Brasil is a joke as a
company, they never answer and their prices are so high that is
cheaper to travel to the US buy the thing there and come back than
buying apples here.

anyone seen this before, any one got a clue or wise advise?

I am moving my development back to my g4 iBook.

And people asked me why I never sell old computers... thats why...

In Panic
Andre