How to start this project...

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Sun Oct 8 10:18:02 EDT 2006

Adrian,

To understand the selectedChunk, put the following script into a field:

on selectionChanged
   put the selectedChunk
end selectionChanged

and select a text in the field, then change a different text. You'll
see that the selectedChunk is not a text but a reference to that text.

The parameter that goes with the keyDown message contains only one
character. Your parameter theKey cannot contain "-1", it can only
contain "-" or "1" or  "+" etc.

I don't think that the keyDown message would be a good way to check
the contents of fld "insertionField". You might want to use the
closeField message and the returnInField and enterInField messages
instead.

Probably, you chose a wrong approach. I recommend changing your
interface. If you want to add a number which is either 0, -1 or +1,
make a slider or a menu with three options. This way, it is easier to
make a choice and the user can't make a mistake by entering an
invalid number.

Best,

Mark

--

Economy-x-Talk
Consultancy and Software Engineering

Download at http://www.salery.biz

Op 6-okt-2006, om 12:48 heeft Adrian Williams het volgende geschreven: