Focus and Text Fields

André.Bisseret Andre.Bisseret at inria.fr
Sun Oct 8 09:36:56 EDT 2006

Hello Richmond,
My answer was not delivered (due to the incident on this list, I
suppose) so I send it again

Le 6 oct. 06 à 09:45, Richmond Mathewson a écrit :

> I have the following script in a Card:
>
> on openCard
>   put "We" into fld "F1"
>   focus on fld "F1"
> end openCard
>
> now what this does is:
>
> it puts "We" into the field "F1"
>
> and then
>
> puts the cursor BEFORE "We" in the field "F1"
>
> (nothing terribly remarkable there!)
>
> HOWEVER,
>
> I would like it so that when the FOCUS is set to field
> "F1" the
> cursor is set after the letters "We"

Hello,

What about "select after fld "F1" ?

on openCard
put "We" into fld "F1"
-- focus on fld "F1"  -- redondant in fact because "select after fld
"F1" is focusing on fld "F1"
select after fld "F1"
end openCard

> AND - - -
>
> directions for how to put a cursor anywhere in a
> string inside a field:
>
> e.g. Between "I" and "a drink"
>
> in "I a drink"

   get offset("I", fld "F1")