How to start this project...

Jim Ault JimAultWins at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 3 17:11:16 EDT 2006

Sorry about the quick response in the previous email, as I was trying to
give an example of a repeat loop, and being a bit inaccurate.  I did not get
what you were trying to accomplish...I am still not sure what you are trying
to do...., but here is one way of joining tasks...

--assuming this would be a desired result
input = "ABC"
edit field ="ACB"
output = "132"

-----thus use  the following
 on mouseup
   repeat for each char CH in fld editField
     put lookupchar(CH, fld input) after newString
   end repeat
   put newString into fld output
   answer "You bidding has been done, Master" & cr & \
       fld editField & "  has been decoded to " & cr & \
       fld ouput
 end mouseup

 function lookupchar tchar
    --get offset (tchar,field "input")