Testing for numerics

Eric Chatonet eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com
Tue Oct 3 14:55:31 EDT 2006

Hi Ken, Jim and many others :-)

I was following this thread and I had to pinch myself to make sure I
wasn't dreaming:
 From an ergonomics point of view, don't you think that a well
thought app may not tell the user: you made a mistake?
As for me, I think that all this has to be handled upstream.
By allowing to enter only right values in a field, by choosing other
ways: lists, calendars, graphics, etc.

Just my two cents ;-)
May be I miss something?

Best Regards from Paris,