Long Filename for Stackfile Breaks Save?

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Mon Oct 2 22:44:46 EDT 2006

I got badly burned today with a stack where I added some characters to
the file such that it became longer than 32 chars on Mac OSX... after
doing quite a bit of data entry, where I had an auto save function set
up and also a save button and was *sure* there was no way to lose work
and clicking in the IDE save menu item brought up the normal save modal
for a few seconds...all appear normal.

Later appears that after quitting the stack, nothing was saved at all!
We noted on the finder a temp file

TAKA-talks-manager_Oc$5#45.rev

where the temp file that Rev creates on the fly had a "greeked" file
name.  Normally this file appears momentarily and then disappears
milliseconds later.

I reduced the file name to

Talks-manager.rev

and everything started working as normal

Is this a known bug?

Sivakatirswami
www.himalayanacademy.com

Get Hinduism Today Digital Edition. It's Free!
http://www.hinduismtoday.com/digital/