Rev 2.7.4 standalone versions

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sun Oct 1 20:12:15 EDT 2006

Mark Schonewille wrote:

 >>> I still know very many people, schools, firms etc. who still haven't
 >>> spend the resources on replacing their ancient hardware...
 >>>
 >> Does Apple or any authoritative EDU body publish market stats
 >> quantifying this?
 >>
 >> It would be help ROI projections to have some idea in advance of
 >> how many people would be affected.
 >
 > Problem is, people who are on a tight budget are not very interesting
 > to marketeers.

Precisely why marketers would have a keen interest in quantifying this.
It would be invaluable to know the percentages of those likely to buy
products for OS X and those who haven't bought a new computer in more
than half a decade.

If the number of people using OS 9 is anything close to as large as it
was two years ago, all projections for all OS X-based vendors will
produce a deficit for these companies unless they're able to know and
correct for this dormant submarket.

For this reason it would seem very useful for a professional marketing
firm or major vendor to have put out the relatively minor cost to
quantify this submarket.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Managing Editor, revJournal