How to start this project...

Martin Blackman martinblackman at gmail.com
Sun Oct 1 12:05:15 EDT 2006

Hi Adrian
I don't fully understand what you're asking but you can check the
cursor location with the selectedchunk property. eg. the following
field script might be a starting point for replacing your before char:

on keydown
    put word 4 of the selectedchunk of me into beforecharpos
    put Lookupchar(char beforecharpos of me) into newbeforechar
    put newbeforechar into char beforecharpos of me
    pass keydown
end keydown

regards
Martin