sql update statement

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Sun Oct 1 03:22:52 EDT 2006

On 10/1/06 7:55 AM, "Stephen Barncard" <stephenREVOLUTION at barncard.com>
wrote:

Hi Stephen,

> SELECT  * FROM `Contractors` ORDER BY `id` DESC
                ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Why you use here single quotes ?

SQL92 expect here double quotes.
Single quotes should be used for string constants only.

Yes I know that mySQL can eat any quotes on any place,
But this comes from the past, and it is always good idea follow to standard.

--
Best regards,

Ruslan Zasukhin
VP Engineering and New Technology