altFont: Load a font

Adrian Williams adrian at clubtype.co.uk
Thu Nov 30 06:11:47 EST 2006

Chip,
I tried your solution, but it neither produces the font required or an
error.
More comments below, thanks,
Adrian...

On 28 Nov 2006, at 22:09, Chipp Walters wrote:
> Adrian,
>
> Here's a handler to load a font named "fred.ttf" located in the
> default folder.
>
> on loadFont pFont
>  if "/" is not in pFont then
>  --> pFont IS NOT FULL PATHNAME SO MUST CREATE FULLPATH
>    put the defaultFolder into tPath
>    put tPath &"/"& pFont into pFont
>  end if
>  --> NOW LOAD THE FONT
>  XLOAD_FONT tPath
>  put the result into tResult
>  if tResult is not empty then
>    answer warning tResult
>  end if
> end loadFont
So where should the code above go?
Is it a button script or should it also go in the card script before
loadFont "fred.ttf" ?
I tried it on the card script already.

> You can call this handler from a handler in the card script of card 1
> of your stack:
>
> on openStack
>  loadFont "fred.ttf"
> end openStack
>
> On 11/28/06, Adrian Williams <adrian at clubtype.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> I did get a solution from the altFont author Chris Bohnert, but it
>> lacked
>> enough comment for this newbie to understand how to use uFileName and
>> uEmbeddedFile and where to put the script.
Club Type
http://www.clubtype.co.uk
adrian at clubtype.co.uk