"palette" in RevMedia

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Wed Nov 29 16:32:25 EST 2006

On 11/29/06 11:48 AM, "Malte Brill" <revolution at derbrill.de> wrote:

> As far as I recall it was in Medias fact sheet, that it isn't
> possible to have palette stacks.
>
> See:
>
> http://www.runrev.com/section/features.php
>
> So, no bug, but design decision.

Wait a second... that page shows that you can have palettes at *runtime*,
but not during *development*. If the command to open a stack is "palette
<stack>" and this doesn't work in the development environment, then the only
way to test a stack with palettes is to make a change to the stack as
toplevel, save it, then run the stack in the Player. If it doesn't work
right, you need to go back, change the stack in toplevel mode, then go back
to the Player again. You also have to have forking code:

if the environment is "development" then
  topLevel "myStack"
else
  palete "myStack"
end if

Seems horribly inefficient to me... or is there an easier way to make this
work that I'm overlooking?

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software, Inc.
Web site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/