altFont: Load a font

Adrian Williams adrian at clubtype.co.uk
Wed Nov 29 13:49:46 EST 2006

Thanks Chip for your advice. I'm a little stacked at the moment but
will try your solution sometime next week.
On 29 Nov 2006, at 18:16, Richard Gaskin wrote:

>> I'm hoping that Rev will make altFont a relatively transparent
>> feature when it gets incorporated into the next version of Rev.
>> Such that there is a simple "imbed" option in the standalone
>> builder, and that the ensuing standalone will check font
>> availability and do the install/uninstall on the host computer as
>> needed upon startup/shutdown.
>
> Does it provide notification to the user before making this
> modification to the user's system?
One would assume the apps. author would state that permissions *may* be
required to
modify the system at install time in order to successfully install all
items. Not mentioning fonts specifically.

> I'd like to see truly embedded fonts, right into the stack file a la
> PDF....
That would be the ideal. Our FAQ page here gives a rundown of font
formats.
The OpenType PS (CFF) format holds the most promise for the future in
which to plough resources.
But TrueType (now) should also be embedded relatively easily.
http://www.clubtype.co.uk/formatlist.html

Adrian
> --
>  Richard Gaskin