Accessing files on CD drives under Windows

Geir A. Myrestrand geir.myrestrand at falconstor.com
Wed Nov 29 11:38:40 EST 2006

Francis Nugent Dixon wrote:
> Hi from Paris,

Hello from New York,

> Anybody know how I can find the Volume Names on all the PC devices,
> as is possible on the Mac, so I can access my CD files ?

You can use the "list volume" command in diskpart:

C:\>diskpart

Microsoft DiskPart version 5.1.3565

Copyright (C) 1999-2003 Microsoft Corporation.
On computer: STINKPAD

DISKPART> list volume

   Volume ###  Ltr  Label        Fs     Type        Size     Status     Info
--------
   Volume 0     D   Linux Devic  CDFS   DVD-ROM      307 MB
   Volume 1     C   IBM_PRELOAD  NTFS   Partition     71 GB  Healthy
System

--

Geir A. Myrestrand