Revolution and the Web, feedback wanted, Part 1 of 3

jbv jbv.silences at club-internet.fr
Wed Nov 29 07:11:01 EST 2006

Ken ,

I've been facing the problem trying to convince some of my clients to
develop custom apps with Rev...

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but actually, in some cases (like chat
apps, or P2P files sharing apps) users don't seem to be reluctant to
download dedicated apps and use them outside their browser...
I've never used Napster, but I vaguely recall that in 2001-2002 some
of my colleagues used to install a specific app of their Macs to browse and
download files...
I guess that the more fun / benefit end users expect to get from a website,
the less reluctant they are to download a dedicated app...

I once tried to use another "trick" to convince a client to develop a dedicated
app made with Rev to be downloaded from his website : tp shape this app as
a screensaver that would have all kinds of features, including openGL
interface for realtime 3D simulation of events, etc.
Unfortunately, it took ages to the client to make his decision, and finally
there was too little time left for development...

JB