Revolution and the Web, feedback wanted, Part 1 of 3

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Nov 28 14:51:49 EST 2006

Mikey wrote:

 >> Are all Perl/Python/PHP/Ruby noticeably deficient?
 >
 > Yes, the current implementation is being used...currently.
 > However, the argument that the kludgey way of putting together
 > these applications is the way of the future is unreasonable
 > given the history of application development and deployment.

I agree that it would be ideal to have a one-size-fits-all solution
which affords rapid development time and infinite scalability across all
possible uses.

But in the here and now, given the evident usefulness of imperfect
systems like Perl/Python/PHP/Ruby, it seems there's room for another
entrant as long as it adds value to the mix.

Sure, it won't be perfect. But since imperfect systems are already
driving this imperfect world, I see no harm in pursuing it.

And of course suggestions which would bring it closer to becoming the
first perfect solution would be welcome.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Managing Editor, revJournal