Flash open source!!!

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Tue Nov 28 13:25:54 EST 2006

Dave-

Tuesday, November 28, 2006, 12:46:43 AM, you wrote:

> Mark, I think the "Flash open source" subject may be a little
> misleading. As far as I know, the ActionScript Virtual Machine is
> only part of the Flash plugin.

Yes, I got carried away and probably should have qualified that a bit.
Got your attention, though, no? <g>

> Does this mean all the source code or just some of it? (If I were a
> betting man, I know where I'd place my money.)

Following up the links to mozilla without downloading the source, it
would appear that the full VM source is there.

> I'm not sure there is anything for Rev developers here.

Me neither, at the moment, but the possibilities for generating
compliant executable bytecode objects is intriguing.

"By working on an open source implementation of ES4 with the
community, Adobe and Mozilla hope to accelerate the adoption of a
standard language for creating engaging Web applications."

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net