Revolution and the Web, feedback wanted, Part 1 of 3So

Jerry Muelver jerry at hytext.com
Tue Nov 28 07:37:29 EST 2006

So far, it seems the discussion on this topic pushes making Rev things
into (or compatible with) web things. But, bear in mind Andre's metaphor
-- There are more helicopters in the ocean than there are submarines in
the sky.

How about building an interface to make web things run in Revolution? In
other words, don't map "group" to "DIV" to make Rev scripts run on the
web, but map "DIV" to "group" to make web scripts run in Rev. I think if
you gave me HTMLtext that could handle hyperlinks, UL and OL, TABLE,
text wraparound IMG placement, HTML forms components, and by-paragraph
font styling (CSS-sensitive DIVs), the job would be done. In fact, with
the advent of an embedded browser in Rev 2.7.5, it seems to me the job
IS done!

---- Jerry Muelver