A Postscript algorithm for bezier curve fitting

Alejandro Tejada capellan2000 at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 24 15:42:31 EST 2006

Hi All,

i am still experimenting with the ideas and
code that you send me this week, when i ask
about comparing lists of coordinate points.

Recently, looking in my .rev and .mc archives,
found these early experiments with Postscript code
from Don Lancaster, to find both control points
of a bezier line, using the start, end and two
points inside the curve. It works only with one
type of curve, but not with others.

if my memory serves well, we discuss this code
in this mail list and the postscript group
in google. You could take a look at this stack:

http://www.geocities.com/capellan2000/BezierControl.zip
_http://www.geocities.com/capellan2000/BezierControl.zip_

Could anybody explain me, why this code only
works with one type of bezier curve and not with
others?

Thanks in advance.

alejandro

Visit my site: