Where Rev could be going...3D?

Viktoras Didziulis viktoras at ekoinf.net
Thu Nov 23 11:36:01 EST 2006

Hi Malte, JB, Dave, others

Thanks for your replies.

Malte, it is actually not your site that made the wrong impression, but an
overall impression from www.runrev.com start page. There was a banner on
arcade engine which simply mentioned "stunning graphics" and then same page
contains Revolution Spotlight On: Adventure games - Alida, and Multimedia
version of revolution including adventure game template, etc... As I am "not
a game programmer", i got the overall impression on Revolution as something
really powerful to deal with 3D and well (shame on me) I decided that
Revolution has a full featured 3D capabilities without checking all those
links and exploring each subject in detail. But maybe this is just how
advertizing is supposed to work ;-)

JB, I will likely follow your suggestion and start learning writing
externals for Revolution. At least now the second tutorial on writing
externals for Rev is available. So I will likely give it a try.

Dave, that was my question, it is on the shelf, but no one can take it... So
something has to happen to make it available for public.

All the best!
Viktoras