Expandable/collapsible lists

Tereza Snyder tereza at califex.com
Wed Nov 22 15:37:17 EST 2006

On Nov 22, 2006, at 2:08 PM, Stephen Barncard wrote:

> Please don't forget to take out that 'look and feel' statement in
> the startup... It makes all the scroll bars look so 1988!

Ugh! you are right! It's been a while since I'd looked at the tree
field. I changed the lookAndFeel first thing. In the early days of OS
X I took great umbrage that MetaCard dared to modify the button
appearance (and maybe the buttons were uglier then, too) so I forced
everything to be OS9-like. Today I took one look and said to myself,
"Oh Gross!"

I didn't change the oh-my-god-what's-that color scheme. I make all my
utility stacks bright primary red/yellow/blue so I can find them on
the screen and never confuse them with project stacks. But they do
look dated and unsophisticated - thereby keeping me reluctant to let
them out of the house.

Tereza Snyder

    Califex Software, Inc.
    www.califexsoftware.com