problem with transfert of data from one substack to another one

Eric Chatonet eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com
Wed Nov 22 13:11:50 EST 2006

Bonjour André,

When you write "put theItem into gTheTarget", the engine understands
that you want to put the parameter theItem into the global variable
gTheTarget.
If you add at the end of your menuPick handler "put gTheTarget" you
will check this.
But...
if you write do "put theItem into" && gTheTarget, the engine will
substitute the value of gTheTarget and put the value in the field.
And I assume it's what you want :-)

Check the do command in the docs: it's an invaluable command even if
you have to know that using do can slow down code execution.
But in this case it will be always unnoticeable.

Best Regards from Paris,
Eric Chatonet