applescript: print rtf to pdf etc.

Jim Ault JimAultWins at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 18 13:20:29 EST 2006

On 11/18/06 9:57 AM, "R. Hillen" <mail at richard-hillen.de> wrote:

> Hello list,
>
> On Mac OSX I want to print some rtf-Files bfrom runrev. I assume,
> that is a job for applescript. As I don't know about apple-scripting:
>
> May someone tell me, how to open the file mmm.rtf by MS-Word (or
> another suitable application) and print it to mmm.pdf?
>
> And if I may have a second request:
> May you also tell me, how to save the file mmm.rtf as mmm.doc?
(not sure about the saving as mmm.doc)

Loads of Rev tips from an expert
especially the first section on AppleScript
http://www.sonsothunder.com/devres/revolution/revolution.htm

Further down the table, in particular... Excel
http://www.sonsothunder.com/devres/revolution/tips/iac001.htm

In particular... Outlook
http://www.sonsothunder.com/devres/revolution/tips/iac002.htm

The Word app uses very similar dictionary terms.  You should be able to get
Word to do what you want.

PS   Be Careful of using triple "x" in an email.  Many spam catchers will
toss this immediately.  My spam filter let this one come in.  I guess if
Microsoft and triple X are in the same email, it is OK.

Jim Ault
Las Vegas