row and column of table clicked on

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Thu Nov 16 20:25:50 EST 2006

On 11/17/06, John Craig <jc at spl21.net> wrote:
> Can you tell which row and column the user clicks on a table field?  I
> have used the clickChunk, but you must click on the text - the
> whitespace around it returns empty.

Here is the script I use for getting the column number:

    put item 1 of the clickloc into tClick
    put the left of me + the margins of me - the hscroll of me into tL
    put the tabstops of me into tStop
    put tClick - tL into tClick
    put (tClick div tStop) + 1 into tItem

It relies on having a single tabStop set i.e. "100" not "100,200,300,400"...
Since this was fine for me, I haven't bothered to improve it.

I have never tried to work out the line but the same sort of script
could be used, I'm sure.

Hopefully this is enough to get you started.

Sarah