Programing style

John Craig jc at spl21.net
Thu Nov 16 16:58:08 EST 2006

The format function may be worth a look at in the docs;

put "$" & format("%1.3f", 12345.678) into tResult

would format to 3 decimal places.
If you are after the thousand seperators, I don't think format can do
that, but I could be wrong.

Here's a snippet that will format with the thousand seperators;

put 12345678.567 into tVal
set itemDel to "."
put item 1 of tVal into tInt
put "." & item 2 of tVal into tDec
repeat with i = length(tInt) - 3 to 1 step -3
  if i > 0 then put "," after char i of tInt
end repeat
put "$" & tInt & tDec into tResult

The output is : $12,345,678.567

Hope this is some help