Changing Combo Box

Devin Asay devin_asay at byu.edu
Thu Nov 16 16:12:38 EST 2006

On Nov 16, 2006, at 2:03 PM, Ted Mills wrote:

> Is it possible to cause the values within a combo box to change if
> a check
> box or option button is selected? I have 2 lists of options like this:
>
> Vertical 2 Cylinder
> Vertical 3 Cylinder
> Vertical 4 Cylinder
>
> &
>
> Horizontal 2 Cylinder
> Horizontal 3 Cylinder
> Horizontal 4 Cylinder
>
> And I need an Option button for Vertical and one for Horizontal,
> when one is
> selected one set of options would display, if the other is selected
> the
> other set of options would display.

You can just put data into a button. So, let's say you lists of
options were stored as custom properties of your radio buttons, you
could group your radio buttons and put this handler in the group:

on mouseUp
   put the optionList of the target into btn "myComboBox"
   set the label of btn "myComboBox" to empty --makes sure the text
entry area of the combo box is empty
end mouseUp

Not tested, but this or something similar should work.

Devin

Devin Asay
Brigham Young University