Bug???? Discuss please!

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed Nov 15 18:14:47 EST 2006

Dave wrote:

>> And it is clear that "me" and "the long id of me" are very different.
>
> "me" (usually) refers to either the contents of a field or a reference
> to an object (field in this case), in the case of:
 >
> put "xxx" into me it refers to the contents

Actually, "me" always refers to an object, the one running the handler.
If the handler is in a field, "me" is a reference to the field. This:

   put "xxx" into me

is the same as:

   put xxx into fld <fld reference>

where <fld reference> is the one containing the handler.

But if you really want to have fun (and this is a good example of why
"the" is so important, as per another thread), take a look at "target":

   target = contents of the object
   the target = reference to the object

:)

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com