Rev_rant part 2

Dave dave at looktowindward.com
Wed Nov 15 05:23:14 EST 2006

On 14 Nov 2006, at 16:42, J. Landman Gay wrote:

> Dave wrote:
>
>> The problem is when a new user sits down in front of the IDE and
>> after a little "playing" their (say) Application Browser Window
>> will not appear, they blame the whole RunRev envorment not just
>> the IDE. It just gives an impression of instability in the whole
>> environment, they think that the App they develop may have similar
>> bugs. Couple that with the fact that they are now expected to pay
>> "extra" for support, means they think twice before paying the
>> license fee after the trail period.
>
> Just to clarify on this, if you write to support and it's a bug,
> there is no charge. And while we suggest that you submit the
> problem to Bugzilla (there are advantages to the customer for doing
> it themselves) we will post it there for you if you don't want to.

I'm talking about "silly" IDE bugs like the disappearing windows in
the IDE or the buggy way in which you have to renumber items to get
them into the right place in a group. AFAIK, all these were reported
ages ago and are already in RevZilla/BugZilla. The point is that the
user would have to pay to get these problems fixed rather than have a
years worth of updates included in the initial cost of the product.
The problem is that enhancements (which the user may or may not want/
need) and bug fixes are lumped together and the user is expected to
pay for it all rather than just the enhancements.

All the Best
Dave