Systemlanguage

Richmond Mathewson geradamas at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 14 08:43:38 EST 2006

Whit Ah jalouse is that onie yin that caas American an
Inglis ither leids is OK, but, gif we caa Scots
oniethan allus than a dialeck o Inglis it is sic a
stramash wi those sudroners that theres nae end at aa
ate it.

Or, for those who don't understand the Scottish
"dialect" - Its OK to call American and British
English separate languages (because they have a few
syntactical, grammatical and lexical differences which
are almost always mutually comprehensible) is OK; bit
if we suggest that Scots (Lallans) is anything else
than a dialect of English we get jumpped on by the
English-language imperialists.

AND, on a more relevant note:

My Ubuntu box gives me the chance to set my interface
language to
"Danish English" - I kid you not!

sincerely, Richmond "I'm wearing my Tammy today" Mathewson

"Its time to do Philosophy and stop worrying about what dead men said."
                                                                                           Mathewson 2006