Spaces in folder names on server

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon Nov 13 14:41:10 EST 2006

Andre Garzia wrote:
> jacque,
>
> try:
>
> replace " " with "\ " in tFileReference...
>
> unix usually uses "\ " to escape spaces in strings, it might work.

Thanks Andre, but that's what I did originally and it fails. Here is my
script:

   put "/home/folder1/Test Folder/Second Folder" into tName
   replace space with "\ " in tName
   get there is a folder tName
   put "Content-Type: text/plain" & cr & cr
   put tName & "--" & it

This returns false, even though I can see the folder in an ftp client.
If I ask for:

   "/home/folder1"

it returns true. I thought the escaping would work, but it doesn't. Any
other tricks? This particular host is running Redhat ES4.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com