Home Stack Handler Analog

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Fri Nov 10 10:23:50 EST 2006

Good to see you here, Mikey:

> For the last day or so I've been trying to make some of the old HC
> Home stack handlers work in RR.  The one problem that I'm having is
> manipulating the RevPropertyPalette 1 stack so that I can do things
> like bringing up card and stack properties.
>
> doMenu doesn't seem to work with RR menus.
>
> So has anybody made some of the home stack scripts work in RR?

I don't have much in my old HC Home stack that I've needed in Rev, but
you're right, doMenu is implemented in a limited way in Rev.  It
provides hooks only to a handful of common menu items, but exactly which
ones are supported doesn't appear to be documented.  Does anyone here know?

To solve the problem at hand, looking in Rev's menu script shows that
the Object->Object Inspector menu item triggers this line:

   send "revBuildPropertyPalette" to stack "revTemplatePalette"

You should be able to use that in place of doMenu to open the property
inspector for controls.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Managing Editor, revJournal