Clipboard Anomally [BUG]?

Jim Ault JimAultWins at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 10 01:25:39 EST 2006

On 11/9/06 9:32 PM, "Chipp Walters" <chipp at chipp.com> wrote:
> Kay,
>
> Can you paste via the menu? If so, then I imagine there is a problem with
> the key shortcut, which would be an IDE bug and you could create a
> frontscript plugin to override (if you really had to have this functionality
> now). If you cannot paste via the menu, then perhaps you can put in the msg
> box:

The keyboard shortcut not working for cut, copy, paste on Mac OSX and Rev
2.6.1 and for 2.7.2 has been discussed before (not sure about WinXP).  I
experience it every week and just start using the menu when it occurs.
Restarting Rev will fix it, but when developing, it is not worth the restart
just for this.  This is not limited to text between apps, but also copy
object, paste object, duplicate object within Rev.

>From my days of programming with Excel intensively on Win and Mac, the
clipboard has many definitions (bit maps, charts, cell ranges, spinners,
etc) that I got used to clipboard data not being 'transportable' between
apps.  I just assumed that Rev was managing the clipboard in its own way and
the compatibility with the system clipboard environment was not perfect.

I could be wrong and it is a bug.  My opinion is not to trust the Rev
clipboard, just like the Excel variations I found.

Jim Ault
Las Vegas