Rev CGI, Linux, MySQL, invalid database type

Dave Cragg dcragg at lacscentre.co.uk
Thu Nov 9 11:06:52 EST 2006

Hi

I'm getting the often mentioned "invalid database type" when
connecting to a MySQL server from a Rev CGI on Linux. I've done this
successfully before, but not on this server. So I'm wondering what
I've forgotten or overlooked.

The CGI setup is fine. Non-database CGIs work.

The Rev engine I'm using is version 2.6.1 (that's the engine
version).  I'm using revdb_setdriverpath to set the driver path.

The MySQL version is 3.23.58. Is it possible the driver from Rev
2.1.2 (equivalent revVersion package) doesn't work with that version?
(I used it before with MySQL 4.x.

The revdb_connect line is like this:

    put revdb_connect("mysql",sDBHost,sDBName,sDBUser,sDBPass) into
sDBID

I've tried "mysql" in various case combinations, but with no luck.
(It worked in lower case before.)

Any help appreciated.

Cheers
Dave