HTTPProxy

Henk van der Velden henk at iglow-media.nl
Tue Nov 7 06:04:53 EST 2006

Good day,

One of my applications downloads some stuff from a website. It all
works OK, except that some of the users are behind a corporate
firewall, and they can't connect to the website.

I've studied the mail archives and found some stuff about setting
HTTPProxy manually to the IP of the proxy server.
So I made a field where the IP of the proxy server could be entered.
In this case it is something like "isafirewall.domain.nl:8080". But
this didn't help.

Next I tried to log the download proces.
I get reports like this:
socket selected: 10.1.1.10:80|6925
CLOSED 10.1.1.10:80|6924
CLOSED 10.1.1.10:80|6924
GET http://www.mediamaatje.nl:80/Download/ HTTP/1.1 Host:
www.mediamaatje.nl User-Agent: Revolution (Win32)

I must admit that I am not an expert in network matters. So could
anyone perhaps give me a clue as to what I can do in this situation?

Kind regards,

Henk
Henk v.d. Velden
iGlow Media