Text field bug?

Devin Asay devin_asay at byu.edu
Mon Nov 6 15:54:55 EST 2006

This is a bizarre problem in which the text of a field gets replaced
by the text from another field. It appears to be related to keyboard
focus. I have only been able to reproduce in Rev Studio 2.7.4 build
291 on an iMac G5 running 10.4.8. It couldn't make it happen on my
Dual 2GHz G5 running Rev Enterprise 2.7.4 build 291, same OS version.
I also couldn't get it to happen on Win XP with 2.7.4. Can anyone
reproduce this? I'll do a bug report if so.

Recipe:
Create a new mainstack.
Create 2 new text entry fields and name them. I'll use george and sally.
Open the script editor for field "sally".
Type some contents into fld "george".
Type some contents into fld "sally".
Open the property inspector for fld "george" and go to the Contents
panel.
In the contents field, make a change to the text of fld "george", and
don't exit the field.
Do this three times:
Click on field "sally".
Click in the open script editor for field "sally".
After the third click to the script editor the contents of fld
"george" is replaced by the contents of fld "sally".

Like I said, this only happens on G5 iMacs in our lab running 2.7.4.

Devin

Devin Asay
Brigham Young University