More on php and Rev cgi

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon Nov 6 15:15:14 EST 2006

I'm still trying to interface with someone's php code using a Rev CGI.
The php code is calling the CGI and passing some parameters. My CGI can
read those parameters by accessing the globals $0,$1,etc. Then it does
some stuff and writes a string to stdout.

The problem we are having is that the php script cannot get the return
values. They are always empty. The CGI returns properly from a shell.
Does anyone here know or have pointers to somewhere that explains how a
php script can access what my CGI prints to stdout?

One thing that might matter: when he tries the "echo.cgi" standard MC
test cgi, he gets a single return value:

$0 = echo.cgi

The only difference between that CGI's return values and mine is that
mine does not include a "content-type" header. We aren't writing to a
web server so I didn't think that would be important. Is it?

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com