links again

Timothy Miller gandalf at doctorTimothyMiller.com
Sun Nov 5 21:39:51 EST 2006

Thanks Mark, Sarah, Judy, and others, very much.

I'm afraid I haven't benefited from the sample stacks generously
offered, because I haven't been able to find them on RevOnLine, but I'm
working on that, and will soon succeed.

It sounds like the general idea is pretty straightforward. I didn't
realize the linkText property exists, and that I can set it as I like.

Pending study of the stacks suggested...

How would I set the linkText if I wanted the link to send a message,
possibly with parameters or global variables, or execute a script?

As I think about it, I suppose that if I give each link a unique
linkText, I can simply use "if" or "case" statements further up the
hierarchy to send messages, execute scripts or whatever. Is that the
right approach? Is there another way? -- Well, there's always another
way, but is there another standard way?

I'm still a little fuzzy on the HTMLtext.

I know you can export a formatted field as HTML. Is it also possible to
set the HTMLtext of a chunk in a field, so it displays and behaves
according to the HTML tags I specify? (I understand RR uses a subset of
HTML.)

Tim